Sticks and Stones
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Welcome to Sticks and Stones, a narrative RPG created for VGDEV, the student game development club at Georgia Institute of Technology. The game was made for Windows and macOS.
Starting college is hard enough as it is, being in an unfamiliar environment and interacting with new people all on your own – having to deal with anxiety on top of all of that doesn’t help. Seeing your new peers turn into monsters in the night also doesn’t help. Play as Elly, the college freshman, as she goes through her day to day life. Balance your anxiety and will power as you interact with new people, survive battles with nocturnal monsters, and try to uncover these monsters’ secrets.
How to play:
- This game is designed for keyboard only use (READ KNOWN BUGS FOR MORE INFO)
- Use arrow keys to move around
- Press Z to interact with things
- Esc opens your pause menu
We may be missing some helpful flavor text here and there, so if you feel stuck, try interacting with some objects or doors.
- MUST use a mouse in the pause menu
- USING A MOUSE IN THE MAIN MENU BREAKS THE MENU; you'll have to alt-f4 out of the game if this happens
- You can’t go back from a submenu in combat, so if you pick something, you’ll have to commit to it
- The options buttons in the menus don’t work quite right, try to avoid using them if possible
Feel free to use the comments section/form to give us feedback or tell us about any other bugs you find!
(Alternatively, send the feedback directly to kickerkitten#6067 or DukeOfSternutation#3088 on Discord!)
Design and Story
Download and extract the archive and run SticksAndStones.exe in the folder of your platform.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.